Read time: 40 seconds
Accessibility is usability for people who interact with products differently.
Your role is to help the team approach accessibility as a part of user experience rather than a checklist of requirements.
Why it's important
- Explore the impact and benefits for everyone with the web accessibility perspectives video series from the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
How to use your guide
- Follow the steps on each page. They aren't designed to be a list of everything to meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), but will cover some of the key things you need to know or do.
- Use the Australian Government User Research Digital Guide as an ongoing reference. The guide will help you understand the needs of all your users at every stage.
- Take a short course - most are free.
- Plan for accessibility and conduct accessibility testing.
- Join the community - get or give advice and support.