Read time: 50 seconds
Interactive online accessibility training modules from the New South Wales Department of Education are free.
Each module takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Use Google Chrome web browser to access the lessons.
Other options for you or your team are:
- Web Accessibility by Google (free) - Udacity
- Professional Certificate in Web Accessibility - University of South Australia
- Understanding Web Accessibility (free) - OCAD University
- accessibility e-learning courses (free) - Siteimprove
- document accessibility training videos (free) - remediate, and check for accessibility issues
Contented also offer a 10hr online course focusing on writing digital content. This course is free if you write content for SA.GOV.AU.
Australia has adopted an internationally aligned standard for the procurement of accessible information and communications technology (ICT).
The Australian Accessible ICT Standard AS EN 301 549:2016 is an adoption of European Standard EN 301 549.
Short instruction videos on EN 301 549 provide an excellent guide on what to expect when implementing AS EN 301 549:2016.
Published by: Digital Citizen Services
Last update: 30 April 2019, first published
Content on this page published with acknowledgement.