Read time: 40 seconds
Have you made sure Word structural elements and images are marked-up correctly?
Why it's important
- Anna is blind and unable to fill in an important form by using a screen reader. As there is no alternative version, Anna has to ask a friend to visit and help.
- Martin is a ministerial adviser and is unable to find important government information as it's only available in Word format.
Steps to take
- Read the Australian Government guide to Microsoft Word. The guide covers structuring and why you need to provide an alternative format.
- Watch Microsoft's Word accessibility training series.
- Learn to create and check for accessibility issues using supporting documentation from Microsoft.